01 April 2008

First Class tonight!

Tonight begins my 10 weeks of craziness! I am beginning an EMT class through the San Francisco Paramedics Association. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I'm sure the nerves will go away after the first few classes.

We had an information session last week to cover all the paperwork, expectations, goals, uniforms (gulp) and whatnot. I was a bit nervous as I sat there, the only woman among 15 men. But at the last minute there were 2 other ladies who made it to the class. We meet T/Th from 6:30 to 10:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:30 to 5:00. Not looking forward to those long days for sure.

We are required to wear our uniforms for every class session. Navy pants (carhart work pants from Sears), navy t-shirt or polo provided by them with logo, black belt and black shoes. They didn't tell us until the meeting that the shoes should have toe protection. I've got some on order and hope they come in soon.

In other news, I hosted a knitting gathering over the weekend for some pals from Ravelry. Lovely company, good snacks & fun conversation. We even got some knitting done in the bargain! I finished a hat to send off for a friend of a friend who will be going through Chemo. I got the pattern from Head Huggers and knit the Lace-edged Women's hat using Lion Brand microspun. It turned out quite well and I want to get it off in the mail tomorrow.

No comments: