22 April 2008

All quiet and no news makes Myla something something

So I've been forum hopping, looking for anyway to find out about the MSN program at SFSU. Nothing, nothing, nothing. At least nothing that seems promising anyway.

Found a forum at www.allnurses.com that had old posts about admissions from last year. Did some more digging and found one from this year. Looks like at least one person on there has gotten her acceptance letter; she was given until 4/18 to accept the position. Another person said she called the department and was told that not all the letters have gone out yet because it is a "slow process".

So I imagine all of the first round candidates have been notified and had until 4/18 to respond. Guess that means that they will then move on to inviting any second round candidates to fill the open positions for those from the first round who didn't accept. And so on and so forth. But I don't know if any of that is the case because I'm just filling in the (huge) gaps that exist based on what little information I can glean.

One of the posts from last year (at this same time) was that one person didn't find out about acceptance to the program until the day before it began! That is seriously messed up. How could you expect anyone to be able to jump through THAT hoop? But if it was me, I'd totally be there!

OK, deep breath one . . . deep breath two . . . deep breath three . . . Screw it. I want to know NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: