29 April 2008

Feeling like a ding dong

Not only did I not get into the program at SFSU, turns out I haven't been accepted into the program at Cal State East Bay either!

Being the industrious, knowledge-hungry, information-gatherer that I am, I sent off an e-mail to the nursing department at CSUEB telling them I had submitted my intent to enroll and asking what other steps I needed to take as a future member of the nursing program. Her return e-mail stated "It’s great that you’ve already submitted your Intent to Enroll. The Nursing Department will be sending out acceptance letters in the beginning of May. Once you receive the letter and accept to be admitted into the program, you will be notified of the following steps you need to take."

Great! I said. And then I stopped to think about what she said. Did that mean I had *not* been admitted into the nursing program? So I asked her to clarify. And indeed that is what it means.

I have been accepted to the University as a pre-Nursing major. The nursing program will not be sending out their acceptance letters until the beginning of May (which is only a few days away). So it turns out that my back-up school, my fall-back plan is back to being an unknown. Unfrickin' believable.

This whole school thing has been such an emotional roller coaster - up and down and up and down. And just when you think you're pulling into the station for the end of the ride you get shot right back down the biggest hill of all.

Sigh.

On a wonderful note, I got my dishcloth from the April exchange. I proudly present the Starry Dishcloth from WildTomato!

Dishcloth Star

Oscar does not make the most stunning model for dishcloths but he put up with me draping it on him for a little bit!

Oscar Star 4

2 comments:

wildtomato said...

All fingers and paws are crossed at the wildtomato household! Hopefully, the starry dishcloth will be a good luck omen.

LadyPatsFan said...

I'm sorry that getting into a nursing program has been such an ordeal for you. All paws and fingers crossed in the LPF house too.