28 March 2008

Happy Belated Birthday

Tuesday was my Matty's birthday - the big 33! I surprised him by having a few friends meet us at a new(ish) Sushi place in our neighborhood. I'm not a huge sushi fan but even I found tons to eat. Everyone raved about the food and the service was excellent. They comped us 2 dishes, 1 cocktail and sent Matt home with a set of shot glasses for his birthday!


I also surprised him with his gift - a thule roof rack installed on my car! And a gift certificate to Rack-n-Road so he can choose his own cargo box. This is so he can haul around his windsurfing gear (when he finally buys it!) and be able to hit the wind on his own time. The place I had it installed in San Rafael was terrific. The manager didn't even laugh too hard when I asked about first getting a rack installed on his car - a 95 Honda del Sol. I told her it never hurt to check and see if it was an option!


It was nice to give him something he can really use; espcially since the season is starting to open up and the wind is starting to power up.


On a sad note, our friends Lori & Andy lost their cat Noah last night. He was at the vet for a urinary obstruction and was set to come home. As they were on their way to pick him up he passed away. The vet said he had a genetic heart problem and that it could have happened at anytime. I'm so heart broken for them :*(


Finally, I'm getting my knit on! I'm working on/off on a clapotis (my second) and I just cast on for a quick hat to send to a friend's friend who will be going through chemo soon. Perhaps I'm even finally motivated to finish Matt's sweater! And speaking of finished, this is what I sent off to my nephew right before Easter. It was supposed to be an Easter gift but I sent it way too late (to Canada) so I hope it arrives soon! It's a book bag so he can carry his library books by himself!

No comments: