18 March 2008

Flying Time

I'm not being as good about this as I hoped (but then again I can say the same thing about going to the gym & eating healthy too!). February was a tough month for me and I think I'm starting to see a little more clearly now. My dear momma sent me a book called Unattended Sorrow by Steven Levine and I've started reading it in little bits. You can definitely only read it in small pieces. So far I'm seeing a lot of valuable information in there and it's speaking to me.

On better news, I just finished a dishcloth exchange with one of my Ravelry groups. It was so much fun to make something and send it off. I can't wait to see how she likes it! I of course forgot to take a picture but she promised to take some for me and send them so I'll have some record! I was excited because I created a pattern for one of the dishcloths based on an image. I think the pattern is pretty great but I wasn't able to end up making that cloth in time to get it sent off. I've not done any colorwork (except for stripes) before and it wasn't coming out very well. I'll take some time to make it right and then will just have to send her a bonus one :)

Windsurfing season has started for Matt. He's gone out a couple times and I think he's finally made the commitment to buying his own gear! That way he can go whenever and where ever he would like and isn't limited to when the Shack/Coyote Point are open. Guess that opens up a whole new world of gift opportunities for him now! And it's pretty convenient that his birthday is next week too!

I begin my EMT classes two weeks from today. I'm so excited! I've been trying to read as much as possible in my text but it's pretty intense. I'm on Chapter 7 - Airway Management and it's 60 pages! I presume that's because airway management is very important, but still - 60 pages! I got my black shoes last night and need to go find some navy blue pants & a black belt too. I'm going to have to buy at least one more shirt (they gave us two) because there is no way I can go through three classes a week on two shirts. Especially since we only get clothes to the laundry about every two weeks! In conjunction with the EMT class I'm taking my work schedule down to part time. Now if only I could pin my boss down to actually talk about this I could check it off on my ever present, internal "to-do" list.

No comments: