04 June 2008

Down to the Wire

This is the week. My EMT final looms and I am at odds. I know I should be studying. I know I should be focused. I know I should have caught up on my reading. Funny how I know so much yet know so little too . . .

I'm freaking about my written final tomorrow night. We're getting together to study tonight. I'll be studying more tomorrow with a break for a doctor's appointment. I need to get a physical done by the end of June for nursing school. Then it will be back to studying more, right up until the final exam. And then it's out for a beer or two - NO MORE!

After volunteering on Friday I'll be hooking up with a classmate to do a dry run through of all the skills stations before the big day on Saturday. I'm as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Part of it is my performance anxiety and part of it is the fact that I know it will be completely different than our midterm practical. That was so easy - almost too easy in my mind. I don't know that I feel truly prepared for Saturday. Bless my classmates who keep trying to reassure me; I know they mean well but I'm still ramping up to a good panic state.

I wish I could go back in time by one week and prepare better. But you know what, all last week I knew I was slacking off! I just couldn't stop myself. Sounds crazy but it's true. I think if I had been in an all white room with no window and no doors and nothing but my books to study with, I still would have found a way to distract myself. And now I'm kicking myself for that. Sigh . . . I hope I learn from this and don't repeat myself for nursing school!

Anyway, wish me luck. Regardless of what happens, it will be over on Saturday. And, if I do pass it all, I will be graduating on Tuesday!

And then it will be off to Park City, Utah for a weekend of glorious relaxation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you can, I know you can, I know you can...XO