11 March 2011

Training & Fundraising update!

Thanks to all of you so far for your generous donations. To date I'm 30% of the way toward my personal goal. Yeehaw!

I've set a new deadline for myself - I want to be at 75% of my fund raising goal by Thursday, March 24th. And with your help, I know it can be done! Here is how the math breaks down:
  • 75% of $3000 = $2250
  • $2250 - $895 = $1355
  • $1355/$25 = 54.2
If I can get 55 people to click HERE and donate $25 to my fund right now, I'll be sitting pretty!

So to entice you to donate I've got a special deal - hand knitted goods! I'll be giving away three knitted dishcloths between now and St. Patty's day. You can win in one of three categories:
  • First person to donate after I post this update
  • Person to donate the highest dollar amount between now and March 17th
  • Person who makes the wittiest and/or most supportive comment when making their online donation
Just think, one of those winners could be you! I hope it will be!

Training has been going well. There have been some "challenges" (runner lingo for HILLS) and I've been learning a lot about shin splints (unfortunately the hard way) but I am so honored to be a part of this group. I had the privilege of meeting some of our team honorees last weekend at a brunch and they are amazing an inspirational. Some are in remission from Leukemia or Lymphoma and some are currently undergoing treatment. I think that the magnitude of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society really hit home for me when I learned that two of the honorees are taking a medication developed by the money raised by the LLS. Talk about a direct effect of effort and fund raising for the cause - it blows my mind!

So please take a moment to donate now so that we can continue to help the LLS develop new treatments and save lives!

And for your viewing pleasure, a couple of pictures from last weekend's run!

Love - Myla

Here you can see me on the left trudging up yet another hill!

And this is the glorious rest/refuel station. I was so glad to see it!









I couldn't ask for a better setting to wheeze and trudge my way through. This kind of view makes up for most/all the pain!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady. I am so happy you are doing this. It is a wonderful organization, and you are a wonderful person. Matthias is at high risk for developing Leukemia, so you are working for him as well as thousands of others. With all of our hearts, thank you. And good luck with your training.

Katie and Craig