18 February 2008

Been a while . . .

I think the fact that I'm not sure what to make of this blog is keeping me from updating it on a more regular basis so I will work on correcting that.

On a very sad note, we lost our beloved kitty Ella on 2/3/08. We returned home from being out at a concert and all was fine. Got ready for bed and as we climbed in, we heard something fall and then two awful moan/cries from the kitchen. There was Ella down on the floor. We raced to the emergency vet but there was nothing they could do. She had passed on the kitchen floor and nothing we could have done would have saved her. They believe she had a heart attack or stroke. I am relieved that it was quick for her; if there was any pain or confusion it was minimal at best. I picked up her ashes today and am not really sure what we will do with them. All I know is that it felt right to have her back with us rather than let the vet's office handle it.

Here is a picture of her enjoying her favorite spot in the garden:

She was with me for 12 years and I miss her terribly every day. I know that her special friend Alice is taking good care of her and I am glad they are together, watching out for me.

No comments: